There are a lot of people interested in finding jobs in Emerald because it is some what of a hub for both mining and agricultural industry. If you are interested in working in Emerald then find out about the area, what makes it tick and where all the jobs are.
About Emerald, Queensland
Located in central Queensland, about 270km west of Rockhampton, Emerald is a town of over 11,000 people with extensive coal operations.
For The Family
If youget a job in Emerald and will be moving up with your family then you may want to know some more specific information; such as:
- There are 7 schools in Emerald – Mixture of primary and high school, as well as public and private.
- The Emerald Airport is there to make it easier to have visitors and visit friends and family who are out of ‘driving distance’.
- Growing shopping options – there are currently two shopping centers in Emerald at the moment, with a 3rd (developed by Woolworths Limited) currently under construction that tenants are said to include, Woolworths, Big W and a range of specialty shops.
Jobs In Emerald
A lot of jobs in and around Emerald are directly related to mining or in someway servicing the mining industry. Other jobs are in the agricultural industries or local services.
There are a lot of options so whether you are looking for mining jobs or work in a fast food restaurant you will most likely want to be looking in the same places. Online is where most of the jobs are posted these days, so definitely start your search there.
Here are some places you may like to check:
Learn more about Emerald at:
- Central Highlands Regional Council – Local council website.
- CQ News – Regional Newspaper
- Google Maps – So you can find your way there.